About Me

My photo
After 7 years of dating I finally married my high school sweetheart in Oct of 2009. I had always dreamed of marrying him and starting a family. On February 16, 2011 that dream came true when we welcomed our beautiful baby boy, Colin James, into our lives. I look forward to sharing our joy with you!

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

11 Months Old! First STEPS!



Colin turned 11 months old yesterday.  Which means... 1 more month until his birthday!!  I have made his birthday invitations and I can't wait to send them out!  Still debating whether we have enough room to invite some friends for Colin to play with.  I can't wait!  He took his first steps last week on Jan 11!  He had been standing more and more without holding on lately so I had a feeling it was going to come soon.  We were in the hallway and I was standing up while Kevin was sitting on the floor.  Colin was standing up holding onto my leg when he let go and stood there.    I jokingly said "walk to daddy" so Kevin held his arms out and called for Colin.  Colin out of no where started walking over to Kevin.  We were so excited!  I really didn't expect him to do that, and when he did he looked so happy and excited and wanted to do it over and over!  I know every parent says it, but I can't believe how fast this year has gone by.  I really feel like I was just pregnant yesterday, and now I almost have a 1 year old!  I can't wait for his 1 year check up because I'm sure Colin will be full on walking by then and he can show his doctor.  :-)

We have had a couple play dates the last few days.  A friend of mine that I hadn't seen since high school has a little boy a few months younger than Colin.  We met up for lunch on Friday and then Colin and I went over to Charise's to visit her and Luke on Saturday.  Colin has a lot of fun interacting with other babies!

Recent Accomplishments
  • Dances whenever he hears music.
  • Can put different shaped blocks into the correct slots.
  • Waves goodbye and says "Bye Bye"!
  • Plays basketball with is toy basketball goal.  Makes the basket over and over!
  • "Swims" in the bathtub by laying on his tummy in the water and kicking his feet.
  • Blows bubbles with his mouth in the bathtub.
  • Drinks well from a cub without spilling much! (mommy or daddy hold the cup)
  • TOOK HIS FIRST STEPS on January 11! Becoming more confident every day!
Here are some recent pictures, however, I my computer is messed up so I couldn't edit any... Enjoy!

Colin crawling under Charise's coffee table.


Luke playing with Colins foot!



Parker! 

Colin is trying to take Lukes Paci...



Luke!

1 comment: