About Me

My photo
After 7 years of dating I finally married my high school sweetheart in Oct of 2009. I had always dreamed of marrying him and starting a family. On February 16, 2011 that dream came true when we welcomed our beautiful baby boy, Colin James, into our lives. I look forward to sharing our joy with you!

Thursday, January 19, 2012

First pair of Big Boy Shoes!

Since Colin took his first steps last week, we figured it was about time to buy him so big boy shoes! My mom decided that she wanted to buy them for him, so we went out on Tues and Thurs. We looked at Target and Walmart, but they didn't have very many choices, and none fit his feet.  Just like the rest of his body, his feet are quite chunky!  So my mom suggested that we go to Stride Rite since that is where she bought all of my shoes when I was little.  We went to the store at the Allen Outlet mall, but they didn't have many options, so we drove out to the store in The Shops at Willow Bend and we found some really nice shoes!  :-)  We picked out our two favorites and then held them up to Colin.  He looked at them for a minute and then grabbed one!  So we let him pick out his shoes.  The lady measured his feet and said that he is a size 5 wide.  So now Colin has some big boy shoes that he can wear, instead of just socks! :-)  Thanks Gamma!!

Trying shoes on at Target
Getting fitted!

Trying out his new shoes!

Yay!!


Getting to play since he was such a good boy shopping for shoes!

Play time before shopping for shoes!


He climbed up in the slide all by himself.

Wrong way dude!




2 comments:

  1. YAY for shoes and walking more!! I can't believe he'll be 1 soon, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had to go there for Jo when he first started walking too! Gotta love fat feet!! It gets better though :)

    ReplyDelete