About Me

My photo
After 7 years of dating I finally married my high school sweetheart in Oct of 2009. I had always dreamed of marrying him and starting a family. On February 16, 2011 that dream came true when we welcomed our beautiful baby boy, Colin James, into our lives. I look forward to sharing our joy with you!

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

It's a Wonderful Life: Colin's First Christmas



We had such a wonderful Christmas this year!  I was really looking forward to it.  :-)  On Friday (Dec 23) we drove to Oklahoma to visit some of Kevin's family.  We were only able to stay one night so we drove back to Texas on Saturday.  Very quick trip!  It was nice for everyone to meet Colin!  Colin even met his Godparents for the first time!  Saturday night (Dec 24) we spent with Kevin's parents at their house.  Then on Sunday (Christmas)  we had my mom, brother, and his girlfriend, Courtney over for lunch before we headed over to Kevin's Uncles house for dinner!  So we had a VERY busy weekend.  Then we went back over to Kevin's parents on Tuesday (Dec 27) to have another Christmas for his sister. It was all so wonderful though.  Colin did very well opening his presents!  He was more interested in the wrapping paper, but that meant he was very thorough getting it all off the present.  :-)

Kevin's mom bought Colin a walker and he loves it!  Once he figured it out, he constantly wants to walk with it and even run down the hall.  It's so cute.  He has a huge smile on his face.  He's not taking any steps yet, but he is a little more confident letting go and standing by himself for a few seconds.  He's getting better at balancing.  He's also getting into the cupboards and the toilet now.  He loves to open and shut the doors in the apartment as well as the cupboard doors.  The other day I was outside with him and I sat down on the stairs outside.  He crawled over to me and started climbing up the stairs!  He did it like he had been doing it forever, but he has never been exposed to stairs before! So I just put my hand under his belly in case he slipped and he climbed the whole flight of stairs!

I'm so happy with all the toys Colin received for Christmas.  His Great Great Grandma bought him a baby basketball goal.  It makes sound and has light up numbers that count each basket he makes.  He loves it. He sits there and puts the ball through the basket over and over.  The counter counted up to 10, three times in a row the other day!  He's gonna go pro!!  He also received some bath toys!  One of them is a wale that has holes in the top of it that are different shapes and he can drop different shaped blocks into it.  I decided to see if he could figure it out so I showed him a couple times and he started doing it over and over! So far just with the circle and the hexagon, but I was very impressed. He's never had a toy like that, so I didn't even know he could do it!  So, with all the toys he has now, he is very occupied by himself! :-)

Here are some pictures.  I have so many more, but these are the only ones I have had time to edit.  My computer has been acting up lately so it takes a long time to edit just one picture...
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!






Opening his very first Christmas present!



Head of the table!

Auntie Erin came to visit!




No comments:

Post a Comment