About Me

My photo
After 7 years of dating I finally married my high school sweetheart in Oct of 2009. I had always dreamed of marrying him and starting a family. On February 16, 2011 that dream came true when we welcomed our beautiful baby boy, Colin James, into our lives. I look forward to sharing our joy with you!

Saturday, July 16, 2011

5 Months Old Today!

We have had a really great couple of weeks.  Colin has been wonderful!  His mouth seems to be bothering him a lot less.  He's still drooling a lot and chewing on Everything, but he's not screaming like he was before.  He's really been a happy baby lately!  He has also been going to bed a little earlier, so that's nice.  It gives me a little more time to spend with Kevin before bedtime! 
He just turned 5 months old today!!  I can't believe how fast the time is going.  Every day is something new and it's so much fun!



On July 4th we went swimming.  Colin splashed and had fun, but he wasn't into it as much as he was the Sat before.   He was pretty tired.  I couldn't get him to go to sleep because of all the people going in and out of the house so I took him upstairs and he slept for 2 hours!  I fell asleep too and when we came back downstairs most of the people had left!  Oopsy!   Kevin, Colin, and I went to see some fireworks that night.  We didn't stay long, but it was still fun! 

A couple days later Kevin's sister, Erin, stopped by on her way out of town.  Colin LOVES her!  I think he knows when he's around family.  Even though she doesn't get to see him very often, he still takes to her right away. 




Colin is really becoming his own little person.  He has the cutest little personality.  He was eating oatmeal the other day and grabbed the spoon out of my hand and shoved it in his mouth!  He made a complete mess!  He's also laughing so much more!  It's SO cute!  I love it!  When I tickle him, he does this goofy grunt sound!  Then he starts laughing!





He likes tummy time now!   For the most part at least...  As long as he has toys in front of him he will lay on his tummy and grab at them.  He rolled over 3 times the other day!  I think it's funny because he only does it sometimes.  It's like he forgets that he knows how and some days he gets so frustrated when he can't figure it out again!  I finally got it on video!  He's usually happy when he rolls over, but this time he made himself pretty upset...







His back is getting so strong!  He's been wanting to sit up by himself for so long now, but he just couldn't!  Until now!  He sits up for a few seconds at a time without support now.  Not all the way, he leans over and pushes up with his arms.  Then he over corrects himself and flings backwards, so I have to make sure I am nearby to catch him.  :-)  He still falls forward too... lol  I'm sure he'll be fully sitting up by 6 months!



Colin finally found his feet!  I always see pictures of babies grabbing their feet and putting them in their mouth.  Colin doesn't put them in his mouth yet, but he sure does grab at them now!  Even in the bathtub, he pulls them straight up and grabs them in the air!  It looks like he's doing yoga!


He also found something else.... lol



Well, that's all I have for now.  I'll leave you with a few more pictures!













3 comments:

  1. He is sooo cute! I love getting updates from your blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such great pictures!! I love the one of Kevin and Colin- Kevin looks SO proud! We need a few of you in there too! ;)

    ReplyDelete