About Me

My photo
After 7 years of dating I finally married my high school sweetheart in Oct of 2009. I had always dreamed of marrying him and starting a family. On February 16, 2011 that dream came true when we welcomed our beautiful baby boy, Colin James, into our lives. I look forward to sharing our joy with you!

Monday, July 25, 2011

My Little Ladies Man!

I still can't believe how much love I have for so such a little person.  I can't even explain how happy this little baby makes me!  It's impossible to be in a bad mood after he smiles at me and I can hardly take my eyes off of him when he's asleep.  :-)

This entry is probably going to be quite long because I've had an eventful week!



We went to a church dinner on Thursday and there was a couple there with a 6 month old little girl.  She could not take her eyes off of Colin.  She would lean in towards him and start smiling and laughing.  She was ADORABLE!  It kept Colin occupied, but he mostly just stared at her.  haha 

We met up with Becky Welch, her two boys, and her mom on Friday morning at her new house.  Unfortunately, Colin didn't get his morning nap before we went so he was super cranky.  He wouldn't let anyone hold him but me... which drives me nuts.  I don't want him to be that much of a mommas boy.  I hope it was just because he was tired.  We had a good time though.  Robby and Aaden were awesome, Colin really liked them.  He would be cranky and then one of them would come up to him and he would start smiling!  I changed Colin's diaper and Robby grabbed the dirty diaper.  I asked him if he wanted to throw it away for me and he took it and walked away.  I watched him as he walked into the kitchen, opened the pantry door and walked in to throw it away.  He was very helpful!!  Then Robby put stickers all over himself and then came over to put them on Colin's arm as well as my arm.  He's just adorable!


Robby laying with Colin


After Becky's we went over to Charise's house to visit with her and Luke.  Luke turned 2 weeks old on Friday!  I finally got my turn to hold him.  When I visited her in the hospital some family had just showed up, so I didn't get a chance to hold him.  Plus I had Colin with me, so it was kind of difficult.  I had a good time over there.  It's fun hearing about everything since I just went through it myself a few months ago!  I like being able to give some insight since it's all fresh on my mind.  Colin was so good while we were over there.  He slept on the car ride over and then slept for a good 20-30 minutes after we got there.  He really needed the nap!  Then he laid on the floor and played with his toys. :-)

Luke and I

Colin playing at Charises


After Charise's we went over to Aprils.  I know, it was a long busy day!  I visited with her and her 3 little ones until I had to go pick up Kevin from work.  Colin and her son Braxton are about 2 months apart but are almost the same size. I think Braxton is a little longer than Colin, but Colin is a bit heavier.  My little chubs.  :-)  They are going to be great friends as they grow up.  Braxton is so darn cute I can't even stand it.  He rolls over with ease and even holds his own bottle!  I can't wait for Colin to reach those milestones as well!  Actually, part of me can wait because I don't want my baby to grow up!! haha



Colin is such a great eater!  He loves his fruits and vegetables!  I was told by several people not to give fruit first because he would get used to the sweet taste and wouldn't want to eat his vegetables later.  However, I had read somewhere that fruit is easier to digest and should be given first for babies with sensitive tummies.  Well, Colin's is as sensitive as they get, so I gave him fruit first (with the exception of sweet potatoes).  The fruit even made him gassy to begin with, so I stopped for a while and waited a few weeks, started him on fruit again and he loves it!  Then I decided to gradually introduce some veggies and he loves them too!  So my little man is the exception to the rule!  Thank goodness... because I was a little concerned that he wouldn't be interested in his veggies at all after having so many yummy fruits!  He's actually interested in everything we eat now.  Yesterday he was sitting in Kevin's lap and I was eating some McDonalds french fries with my lunch.  Colin started to lean toward me with his mouth open and began to grunt like he does between bites of baby food!  Kevin pulled him back and he started to cry!  I couldn't believe it!  I told my brother Matt about it and he said that Colin is smart, he already knows how good those fries are and he's never even had them! 

Colin has begun to make a new sound and face.  He puckers his lips, blows bubbles and makes a humming sound!  It's pretty cute.  


Colin's New Silly Face


On Saturday night Kevin and I went to a banquet.  It was so nice to get out of the house, dress nice, and have some adult interaction without smelling like vomit!! Yay!  We dropped Colin off at his Grammy and Pops house.  They bought him a new toy and he loves it!  We brought it home with us and he has been playing in it all weekend and today.  I think he was getting bored with his other toys, so this was perfect timing!  

Headed to the banquet


Colin in his new toy!

Yay for new toys!


For the past week or so we have been having some sleepless nights.  I feel like I have a newborn again!  Ok, maybe not that bad, but still, I'm exhausted.  Colin is still going to bed between 8:30 and 9:30, but instead of sleeping all the way through until 6:30 or 7:00, lately hes been waking up around 11pm, 1am, and 3am and then getting up to eat between 5:00 and 6:00.  I don't know if his teeth are bothering him again or what... When he wakes up he starts crying and lifts his legs up to his chest.  When I go in there I put his paci in his mouth and rub his head and he usually falls back to sleep.  Sometimes I have to rock him back to sleep and other times he won't go back to sleep unless I lay with him on the couch.  I really don't understand why he is waking so much.  It's making him much more cranky and tired during the day... :-(  I wondered if he's needing more baby food before bed, but even when I give him some, he still wakes throughout the night.  Besides, when he wakes in the middle of the night, I can tell he's not hungry... I just don't know what it is.  Any suggestions on how to get him back into his routine are welcomed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment