About Me

My photo
After 7 years of dating I finally married my high school sweetheart in Oct of 2009. I had always dreamed of marrying him and starting a family. On February 16, 2011 that dream came true when we welcomed our beautiful baby boy, Colin James, into our lives. I look forward to sharing our joy with you!

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Long Naps and Teething


Well, after changing his formula Colin has been spitting up less.  Starting last Saturday I noticed he wasn't spitting up as much.  It's not consistent though because one day he will spit up a lot and the next not as much.  As for getting a second opinion, the lactation consultant said the same thing the Dr said.  I haven't taken him to another Dr though.  I'm hoping that he will start to grow out of it soon.  I've read that many babies will grow out of it around 6 months.  The Dr said he should start to do better when he's sitting up on his own and it will really get better when he starts to stand... I hope it gets better before that!  That's so far away!

He's still super fussy at times.  It's definitely a different cry than when he's gassy.  So I really do think he's teething.  Heather said Jordan was teething at this time, so I know he's at the age...  Poor guy though... I feel sooo bad for him.  We bought him some baby Oragel, but it doesn't seem to do any good.  It doesn't even stick to his gums, so how is it supposed to work?  I need to get something else.  If anyone has any suggestions on what really works, let me know what it is and where to get it.  Colin drools so much now, it gets all over his hands and then he flings it!!  It's so gross!! haha  At least he's sleeping through the night again.  But he still won't sleep past 7am!!  Crazy baby!

Up until last Saturday, Colin has only been taking little 30 minute naps throughout the day.  If I wanted him to sleep longer, I had to hold him.  On Sat he was super fussy and tired but he wouldn't sleep.  So I put him in his crib and turned his music on.  He fell asleep and slept for an hour and a half!  Then last Sunday I did it again and he slept for 45 minutes!  It's nice because I can actually get things done and I don't have to be quiet doing them.



Colin is growing so fast, I can't even believe it. It's fun watching his personality grow.  He has started doing a scream when he's happy.  He gets so excited about things and can't contain it and it comes out as a scream/screech!  It's super cute when we're at home, but kind of loud when we're out!  He's also starting to hit!  Oh no!  It's not a mean hit though.  He gets excited and loses control of his right arm!!  He swings it around and hits whatever is in front of him!  We went swimming at Russell's birthday party yesterday and he absolutely loved it!  He was laughing and smiling and splashing like crazy!  Can't wait to go swimming tomorrow for the 4th of July!  Happy Independence Day!!



1 comment:

  1. Get one of those little baby toothbrushes that goes on your finger and rub it on his gums with some of the gel. Jo really like that.

    ReplyDelete