About Me

My photo
After 7 years of dating I finally married my high school sweetheart in Oct of 2009. I had always dreamed of marrying him and starting a family. On February 16, 2011 that dream came true when we welcomed our beautiful baby boy, Colin James, into our lives. I look forward to sharing our joy with you!

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

8 Months Old!!


~8 Months Old~

Waking up to cooler weather is refreshing!  But I'm glad I went out on Monday to enjoy the sun.  :-)  Colin is now 8 months old!  I'm not sure of his weight and height because his next Dr appointment isn't until next month.  He looks like he has slimmed down a little since he started moving around more.  He's not as chunky as he used to be.  I still get stopped several times while I'm out for people to tell me how adorable he is!  Everyone tells me that his expressions are really cute.  :-)  Makes a momma happy to hear stuff like that!  The other day we went shopping with Shannon and while she was holding Colin a sales associate came up to her and told her she was trying to get to Colin ever since we walked in the door.  She wanted to tell her how cute her baby is! haha 


8 Months Old!

Look at my teeth!
~First Times~

Swinging-
We have been having an exciting couple weeks.  Colin has experienced several "firsts" since my last post.  Last weekend (Oct 8), Kevin's Rugby team had a BBQ to kick off the season.  It was held at a park with some swings so Shannon and I took Colin over to the swings and he LOVED it!  As soon as I put him in the swing he started smiling and once I pushed him he couldn't contain himself.  It was awesome to see him so happy.  I'm going to have to do that more often!  Then I took him down a few slides and he didn't really care either way.




Pulling up-
On Oct 13 I was sitting on the couch while Colin played on the floor when he decided to pull himself up to the coffee table.  He has been doing this for a while where he will pull himself up to his knees but this time he pulled himself all the way to his feet!  I snapped a picture right when he did it and then I came around to sit with him in case he fell.  It was the first time he did that without help. So exciting! 
Hey Momma, just standing up, no big deal!


Pulled himself up using Gamma's knees!
Big Bathtub-
As I mentioned in my last blog, Colin has outgrown his baby bath tub.  He still fits in it fine, but he has started to try to climb out to get to the sink.  I decided to move him into the big bath tub.  Of course as soon as I put him in the water he started splashing and playing!  He absolutely loved it!  I didn't really have any toys for him so he wanted to get to everything on the side of the tub... so we went and bought some foam letters that he can play with.  It worked, he now plays with those and is completely satisfied sitting on his bum without trying to get up on his knees!

Ut oh!!
Splash Splash!
Cruising-
Colin is not crawling yet, but he still rolls everywhere and the other day he started cruising.  He lays on his tummy and kicks and pushes with his feet and pulls with his hands to move forward.  He's pretty good at it and I read that it is sometimes what babies do right before they learn how to really crawl!  So we'll see. He's still right on track with everything, so he may still crawl instead of going straight to walking.  :-) 


Went in to get him after a nap and snapped this picture right when I walked in!

What We've Been Up To-
For the past week we have been working on Colin's High Five's!  He's pretty good at them already!  He hits your hand multiple times and gets really excited!  But he doesn't do it consistently yet.  It's really cute though.  Colin had a bunch of different fruit the other day at the BBQ.  He did really well with the grapes.  I would cut them up into pieces and he fed himself.  He wasn't great with some of the harder fruits.  He wouldn't choke, he just kept them in his mouth and sucked on them.  I think it was about 20 min later and I didn't realize he still had a piece of cantaloupe in his mouth! This coming weekend we are taking family pictures.  We were supposed to do them a few weeks ago but it rained.  We won the photography sitting through a raffle at Kevin's rugby banquet! 


Eating grapes at the BBQ

Ending up in strange places now!

Sleepy

With Andrea



Look Ma, no hands!






1 comment:

  1. Go Colin Go!!! Hope the cruising continues to go well... he looks so big and happy! I just love him!
    Have fun during pictures this weekend!
    Kelsey @kmsieg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete