About Me

My photo
After 7 years of dating I finally married my high school sweetheart in Oct of 2009. I had always dreamed of marrying him and starting a family. On February 16, 2011 that dream came true when we welcomed our beautiful baby boy, Colin James, into our lives. I look forward to sharing our joy with you!

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Dr Visit and "Baba"

Colin has been learning and growing so much!  I need to go shopping for him because he doesn't have any warm clothes for the winter.  The other day (Sept 21) he started saying "Baba".  I'm pretty sure he's not referring to anything in particular.  He basically will just lay there and say "Bababababababa".  It's pretty cute.  He will even imitate it when I say it to him first!  Now I'm just waiting for him to turn it into Mama!!  His 2 bottom teeth are almost all the way in and look super cute!!  I love it!

Colin pulls himself up onto his knees now.  He holds onto the coffee table and does it, so if I want to leave him alone for a minute, I have to make sure he's no where near the table or else he will pull himself up and possibly fall.  He can only do it from a sitting position though.  He has also been getting up on his hands and knees.  He doesn't go anywhere, but he will stay like that for a little while before he falls back onto his tummy.  He wants to move SO bad!  I can tell he gets frustrated because he can't get every place he wants to.  I know he will probably start crawling soon though... so I need to start baby proofing the place.  He already gets into stuff and all he does is roll!


Pulled himself up onto his knees!

Gets up on his hands and knees, but doesn't go anywhere!
Dr Visit

Colin started getting a nasty cough last week and then this weekend he lost his voice.  It's so sad when he cries because he can't really get much sound out.  It's nice that it doesn't hurt my ears like usual, but it still makes me feel bad for him.  I took him to the Dr yesterday and she said he has a mild case of Croup.  Basically we just have to watch him and make sure he is breathing ok.  Especially at night time it could get worse.  I also had her look at the rash he has had on and off for a while.  She said it is eczema...  She gave me suggestions on what creams to use to keep his skin from getting too dry and said that he should grow out of it.  It's not bad and doesn't seem to bother him so that's good.

Bath Tub

I think it's time to put him in the actual bath tub for bath time.  The last few days he's been pulling himself forward in his little tub.  I've been putting it off as long as I could because I like standing up to wash him and I know he prefers his little tub.  I'm sure if I get some bath toys, he will be ok with the big boy tub!




Spit up and Sleep

Depending on the day, Colin only spits up a few times now!!  Occasionally he will spit up a lot, but for the most party it's down to only a couple times after eating!  Sometimes he doesn't spit up at all after a bottle!  It's great.  I don't have to change his clothes as much! Or mine!!  :-)  He's also sleeping so much better.  The past few nights he's only woken up once and cried and last night he didn't cry at all.  I hope it continues like this because I'm enjoying the sleep!

That's all I can think to mention right now.  I need to start updating more often so I don't forget important things!  Here are a couple pictures from the weekend.  :-)

Yummy french fry!






1 comment: