About Me

My photo
After 7 years of dating I finally married my high school sweetheart in Oct of 2009. I had always dreamed of marrying him and starting a family. On February 16, 2011 that dream came true when we welcomed our beautiful baby boy, Colin James, into our lives. I look forward to sharing our joy with you!

Monday, October 24, 2011

Changes!


Things are changing, and for the better!  Colin no longer wakes up crying at night.  If he happens to wake up, he just talks for a bit and then goes back to sleep.  He also does this in the morning.  Yesterday morning he woke up around 6:30 and started talking, so I turned the monitor off for a little while and watched the lights to make sure he didn't start crying.  Well, I ended up falling back to sleep until 7:30.  I woke up and turned the video monitor on and he was just laying there playing with his monkey and his mobile!  We went in to get him and he just smiled!  No sign of any crying at all.  It's so nice that he can occupy his time while we get a little more sleep.  :-)



We have always followed Colin's cues when it comes to bed time.  It used to be between 9 and 10, then it became closer to 9, for the last 3 or 4 months it has been 8, and for the past couple weeks he has been ready for bed around 7:30.   Last night he was in bed at 7!  I love that it's getting earlier and earlier and he still is waking at the same time.  I actually get some relaxing time at night before bed. 


Now that Colin has 2 teeth on the bottom he has become a pro at chewing food!  Even though he doesn't even use those teeth... haha  He also plays with his teeth with his tongue.  It's pretty cute to watch.  We are really blessed that Colin will eat almost anything we give him.  Even if I give him food that he doesn't like, he still eats it, he just makes a face and whines.  I figured he would just spit it out, but he doesn't, so it took me a minute to figure out when he didn't like something.  Now, if he gags, I know for sure he doesn't like it!



Yesterday we had our family pictures taken.  As much as Colin smiles, he did not want to smile... At least he didn't cry!  I just hope we got a few good shots!  He wore his new pair of jeans.  I even put shoes on him!  :-)  He looked so grown up! 



Colin wants to stand up more and more.  He pulls up on everything now!!  When he pulls up on the coffee table he has started to walk sideways across it.  Until he falls... but he's getting better at landing on his bum rather than falling over!  He's growing up too fast.  I love watching him explore and learn new things!!

Pulling up on everything!
Watching the Rugby World Cup Finals with Daddy!

Playing with Gamma

"I'm a big boy!"

Yummmm

Cute jeans on a cute bum!

So happy!



1 comment:

  1. awww! Colin is just so darn cute!! He looks SO innocent in the picture where he's holding his bottle. Hope the sleep schedule continues to go well!!

    Kelsey @kmsieg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete