About Me

My photo
After 7 years of dating I finally married my high school sweetheart in Oct of 2009. I had always dreamed of marrying him and starting a family. On February 16, 2011 that dream came true when we welcomed our beautiful baby boy, Colin James, into our lives. I look forward to sharing our joy with you!

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Bronchiolitis....




Colin has had a little cough for a while but last Tuesday night (11/29) it started to get a worse.  It woke him up a few times and then in the morning he started wheezing.  I remember the nurse telling me when he was sick before that if he ever started wheezing to call them immediately.  So that's what I did and they wanted to see him right away.  Kevin had the car with him at work, so he came home and we took Colin straight to the doctor.  They checked his oxygen levels and found them to be at 96%.  It's nothing to worry about, but still not good.  She listened to his lungs and straight away she knew what it was.  Bronchiolitis.  She showed us how to tell that his breathing was labored because he was having to push the air out of his lungs, rather than it coming out easily.  Plus he had rapid breathing.  She gave us paperwork to read on it and Colin had every symptom listed. :-(  She gave him a breathing treatment, which he cried through.  After the treatment he was no longer wheezing.  We left and by the time we got home, (an hour later because we had to fill his prescriptions) he was wheezing again.  The first three days I gave him a treatment every 4 hours, the next 3 days we did them every 6-8 hours and then we did treatments twice a day because he still had a nasty cough. He's still coughing today, but not nearly as bad.  Through out all of this, he has acted like he feels fine!  He's crawling like normal, playing, and laughing.  He's such a trooper.  :-)


Weening

Babies are supposed to be weened by 12 months, and I hear that usually this is quite a task!  Whether a baby is breastfed or bottle fed, they get VERY attached to the nipple and it's hard to give it up.  Many babies ween themselves from being breastfed, but weening from a bottle can be a little more difficult.  Well, not in our case.  A few days before Colin turned 9 months, he started to refuse his bottle. I could get him to start drinking it, but halfway through he would throw it down and be done with it.  I thought it was a faze from teething or something, but 3 weeks later, it hasn't gotten any better. All he really wants it table food.  So I give him about 3 forced bottles throughout the day, and the rest of his calories come from actual food!  I'm pretty sure he would be completely happy if I stopped giving him a bottle all together.  However,  he still needs his formula at this age and I don't want him to be weened completely yet.  Although, 12 months is only 2 months and 1 week away!!  *cringe*

New Stuff

I have been working on teaching Colin to eat off of a plate and out of bowls. I used to put a plate or bowl of food in front of him and he immediately would dump it out on the floor or table and then eat the food.  He's been doing great!  He waits until he's done to play with it!!  He also has learned to set his sippy cup down on the table instead of throwing it on the floor between sips!

Colin and I went to visit April, Braxton and the girls on Friday (12/9).  He had so much fun playing with them!  He really loves to interact with other kids now.  He pulled up on my leg in the kitchen and I felt him let go. I figured he was going to sit down but when I looked at him he was standing All By Himself!  I couldn't believe it!  He stood for a few seconds before sitting down!

Kevin said he has seen Colin dance a couple times.  I haven't seen it yet, but I look forward to it!  


Playing with Little Robby


Giving Robby a kiss on the cheek!


2 comments:

  1. Live it and YEAH we made "the blog"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope Colin is feeling better! ♥ the pictures of him and Robby- Colin looks super excited!
    I can't believe there are only TWO months until his birthday! The boys are getting so big!

    ReplyDelete