About Me

My photo
After 7 years of dating I finally married my high school sweetheart in Oct of 2009. I had always dreamed of marrying him and starting a family. On February 16, 2011 that dream came true when we welcomed our beautiful baby boy, Colin James, into our lives. I look forward to sharing our joy with you!

Monday, November 28, 2011

Colin's First Thanksgiving!



Thanksgiving

We went to Bryan TX to visit Kevin's family for Thanksgiving.  Everyone was there, his grandparents, great grandma, aunt, uncle, cousins, mom, dad, and brothers.  Everyone but his sister, who was very missed!!  We drove in Wednesday night and then went out to dinner with everyone. So Colin went to bed a couple ours passed his bedtime.  He slept GREAT!  I didn't hear him wake at all that night and when I woke up in the morning at 6:45 I became a little worried.  I jumped up and opened the bathroom door (yes, we put his pack-n-play in the bathroom lol) and he was sitting up, not making a sound.  When he heard the door open he looked at me and smiled real big!  He played with his cousins all day and then we went to tailgate at the A&M-Texas game.  Colin's first tailgate!!  We went right at his nap time, so he was a little cranky, but settled down once we put food in front of him!  After the tailgate we went home and played for a bit and then he went to bed  at his normal bedtime.  Colin didn't sleep well that night and woke up in a bad mood.  Kevin, Jeremy, and I went with Kevin's mom to shop for our Christmas presents!  The lines were a bit long, but it's not too bad when you have good company.  Colin stayed home and played with his cousins!!  We had our Thanksgiving dinner on Friday because Thursday everyone was busy with the game.  It was a really good dinner, Colin stuffed his face with turkey, mashed potatoes, green beans, and fruit!  There pretty much isn't anything this boy won't eat!  We invited our friend Kelsey and her son Auggie over for dinner.  So Colin had a little buddy!!  They didn't play together much, but if one was playing with a toy, the other always wanted it too!!

Tailgate on Thanksgiving!

<3


Colin and Auggie hanging out.

Eating turkey, mashed potatoes, green beans, strawberries, and grapes for Thanksgiving dinner!


Mom's Birthday

My moms birthday was on Tuesday Nov, 22.  She came over with my brother and we opened presents and had cake!  She read Colin a book before bed and then ended up rocking him to sleep.  <3






Crawling etc.

Colin has figured out that crawling is a very effective way to get around.  Which means he is really getting into everything now.  It's nice that he's becoming more independent, but I have to watch him like a hawk!  His new favorite thing to do is play in the dog bowls!  He splashes in the water bowl and he tries to eat the dog food.  He has already put the dog food in his mouth 3 times and gets very upset when I remove it!!
I don't know if this is a developmental stage, but Colin is determined to put everything on top of tables.  Especially the coffee table. I wonder if I should get him toys that encourage stacking.  Because that seems to be what he wants to do now.  Oh and he pooped in the tub for the first time... haha  It was so gross... At least we went 9 months before it happened!
Colin has been working on his top teeth for a few weeks now and it's driving him (and me) crazy!  I noticed today that his top left tooth has finally started to break through, so I hope it comes through quickly and the right one isn't far behind!

After daddy's Rugby Game

Playing with the kitchen rug.

Sitting in Uncle Josh's lap.


Eating a hot dog at the A&M tailgate!


Right before we left the tailgate.  He was tired so I gave him his munkey.

Playing with Grans scale before his bath!

Playing with his buddy!

August!





Uncle Kyle sharing his ice cream.



2 comments:

  1. Great pictures, Jamie!!
    I really enjoyed seeing you guys! Hope the little guy feels better soon!

    Kelsey @ kmsieg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the pictures. He's such a sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete