About Me

My photo
After 7 years of dating I finally married my high school sweetheart in Oct of 2009. I had always dreamed of marrying him and starting a family. On February 16, 2011 that dream came true when we welcomed our beautiful baby boy, Colin James, into our lives. I look forward to sharing our joy with you!

Monday, November 7, 2011

I love this age. :-)


I totally and completely love this age.  Colin is the sweetest little mommas boy.  All he wants to do is stand.  He is getting better at crawling, but his main focus is pulling up on everything and walking side to side while holding on.  In the last 2 weeks he pulled up in his crib for the first time, learned how to sit up from laying down, and has found the fireplace.  Which means we need to get a nice looking screen for it.  :-)



He's so spoiled, which I don't love... I know it's my fault.  When I set him on the floor with his toys, he cries like he's being abused.  He follows me around and grabs my leg wherever I go.  When I pick him up, he grins because he got exactly what he wanted.  But he gives the sweetest, loveliest hugs and LOVES it when I dance with him.  He giggles when I tickle him and has the biggest smile when he sees daddy walk in the door after work.  He loves other kids and wants their constant attention.  He screams when he gets excited and pouts when he doesn't get what he wants.  He's learning what "no, no" means and pouts his bottom lip when I say it.  He is obsessed with juice and will drink his entire sippy cup even if he's already full.  Which causes him to spit up... He's the hungriest baby I've ever met and if he's fussing, give him a mum mum and he will be the happiest baby ever.  He eats his egg or cereal in the morning, his chicken or turkey sticks for lunch and whatever we have for dinner or baby food.  I don't know how he is so good at chewing when he doesn't have but 2 teeth! 



He loves Diesel and Cooper and they love him now that he eats real food and drops it on the floor.  I have even caught him reaching out to Diesel with food in his hand and giving it to him.  Clever little boy.  He wants to play with everything except his toys.  He is in love with his stuffed monkey and as soon as I give it to him he snuggles it and his eyes start rolling back.  He is now a tummy sleeper, and I think it is so cute.  He wakes up about an hour before we do, but doesn't cry, he puts his paci in his mouth, grabs his Baby Einstein IPod and changes the song over and over while watching the lights blink.  He will do this until I come in to get him.  He goes down for two naps a day without a fuss and then happily to bed around 7.  After we read a book of course.  :-)  He loves bath time.  He wants to smile at everyone and will stare at someone while we are at the store until they look at him and then he will give a big grin.  He says the same three words over and over, "Baba", "Yigh Yigh", and "Dada".  None of which are Mama!!



He has decided that he no longer wants me to change his clothes or his diaper.  There are way more important things to do, like play with the curtains or pull on the blinds and look out the window.  He cries when I go to put him in his car seat and arches his back, but is fine and happy once he is buckled in.
Being a mommy has been the best adventure of my life.  Even though it's only been 8 1/2 months.  I look forward to waking each morning and seeing his smiling face.  He is the best parts of Kevin and I and I am enjoying every second I stay home with him!  <3



He was in his bouncer eating his bottle when I left the room, when I came back in he was like this!






Colin and his friend Luke on Halloween!

We lowered his crip tonight... :-(


Pick me up??



2 comments:

  1. How hard is the diaper and clothes changing, Jamie? lol... at least Colin has clothes on in all his pictures! He is absolutely adorable!
    Hope we get to see y'all near Thanksgiving!

    Kelsey @kmsieg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the update. Can't wait till Luke is that age. Also, love the picture at the end with my dad in the background lol

    ReplyDelete