About Me

My photo
After 7 years of dating I finally married my high school sweetheart in Oct of 2009. I had always dreamed of marrying him and starting a family. On February 16, 2011 that dream came true when we welcomed our beautiful baby boy, Colin James, into our lives. I look forward to sharing our joy with you!

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Smarty Pants

Not much going on lately.  Colin has been doing  a few new things.  He started clicking his tongue about a week ago and if you click your tongue he will copy you.  Mostly he crawls around doing it.  He is walking a lot more now.  He can walk from point A to point B without stopping and crawling after a couple steps.  He still throws his hands up in the air and smiles real big when he does it!   So cute!

One thing I'm not a huge fan of is his recent development of a temper.  He gets mad at everything now.  He growls and screams if he doesn't get his way.  I'm trying so hard not to let him get away with it, but it's hard.  He will even yell at me when I take something away from him or tell him no.  He still wants to get into the dog bowls, but now he REALLY knows that it's wrong.  The other day he put dog food in his mouth and I told him no, so he spit it out and screamed.  Later in the day, I guess he was able to get into the food bowl without making a sound because I didn't hear him.  He walked up to me and I could tell something was in his mouth, so I said, "Colin, what is in your mouth?"  He opened his mouth, grabbed the piece of dog food, and threw it at me!  Then he laughed nervously and then screamed.  I know he's testing me, but I didn't know that started this soon.  I'm not ready to lose my sweet little baby!!!  I've started putting him in his room when he does stuff like that.  Especially when he screams at me.  He needs to know that it is not ok to express your anger like that.  Speaking of his room.  Yesterday he crawled in there, shut his doors, grabbed Mr. Monkey through his crib, and turned on his tv!  I went to check on him and he was sitting with Mr. Monkey, watching cartoons.  It was SO cute!  He really IS growing up too fast!!  He has also figured out that his letters and numbers in the bathtub stick to the wall.  So putting them up on the wall and taking them down over and over fills up his bath time!  He's such a smarty pants!!  :-)

His birthday is coming up so soon.  It's already February!  I have started to plan it. I know that it is going to be Mickey Mouse Clubhouse themed because it's his favorite show.  Mickey Mouse always puts a smile on his face.  :-)

Here are some pictures.  The first three Amy took at Kevin's Rugby game last Sat.















2 comments:

  1. lol... ♥ the dog food story. Sounds like we're at the same point with Auggie... it's so hard not to give in!
    -Kelsey

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is a smarty pants! I can't believe it's been a year already!!! These boys are growing up way too fast!

    ReplyDelete