About Me

My photo
After 7 years of dating I finally married my high school sweetheart in Oct of 2009. I had always dreamed of marrying him and starting a family. On February 16, 2011 that dream came true when we welcomed our beautiful baby boy, Colin James, into our lives. I look forward to sharing our joy with you!

Friday, June 17, 2011

4 Month Check Up

One year ago today, on June 17, 2010, I took a pregnancy test and found out I was pregnant with the most amazing little boy I have ever met!!  Mommy loves you Colin James, so very much.  I can't imagine my life without you and I'm so happy to be your Mom!!

Colin had his 4 month check up yesterday!  I can't believe he's already 4 months old.  I look at his old pictures and sometimes I wonder where my little Newborn went.  But I wouldn't trade these days full of smiles and giggles for anything!  Especially not for the sleepless newborn stage!  :-) 
Everything went great at his check-up.  The Doctor said that he is developing right on track!  He weighed 17lbs 10oz and is 26 in long!!  The Doctor said that he is "tall" for his age.  Which is to be expected, considering he was so long when he was born.  Doctor said that Colin's weight gain is great and that he's very healthy!  :-)  It's always a great feeling to get good news.  He got some more shots and it was so sad.  He turned bright red and screamed at the top of his lungs...  Took me a little while to calm him down this time.  He was also fussy later in the day...  Really fussy... Nothing would settle him and he wouldn't really take any naps.  I finally got him to lay down with me and he slept for an hour and a half before we had to pick Kevin up from work.  Then he was fussy again later.  But today he has been wonderful! 

Today we tried some applesauce and my oh my was it a hit!  After each bite, Colin would grunt until I gave him more.  He opened wide for each spoon full and ended up eating almost the whole pack!  Since he liked them so much I gave him some more before bed.  Maybe he will sleep later that 6:30!  Not sure why, but no matter what time he goes to bed he wakes up around 6:30 or 7.  I would love for him to sleep in tomorrow so mommy can too!

Colin has decided that his fingers are fun to suck on!  He has learned how to take his pacifier out, but when he tries to put it back in he can't figure it out just yet.  So I guess his fingers are the next best thing!!


Colin and I went to my brother, Josh's work.  Colin met all of his uncles co-workers and even got to wear Josh's Warrior Dash helmet!! 


Well, that's it for this week.  Here are some pictures of Colin's nursery.  We converted our den into his room! 





No comments:

Post a Comment