About Me

My photo
After 7 years of dating I finally married my high school sweetheart in Oct of 2009. I had always dreamed of marrying him and starting a family. On February 16, 2011 that dream came true when we welcomed our beautiful baby boy, Colin James, into our lives. I look forward to sharing our joy with you!

Friday, June 24, 2011

So Tired of Spit Up...

It's ok, all babies spit up some!


Watching Garfield

When Colin was only on breast milk, he only spit up every once in a while. 
When we had to start giving him formula too he became the King of spit up.  When I talk to the Dr. he tells me that all babies spit up a little and to burp him every few ounces, leave him sitting up after he eats, use slower nipples so he eats slower, etc...  We do all that and NOTHING helps.  And it's NOT normal spit up, it's so much worse.  He spits up so much between bottles sometimes he wants to eat again after an hour and a half, which is CRAZY!  When I can manage to get him to keep it down, he goes 3-4 hours before needing to eat again.  What's worse is he even spits up breast milk now.   In the morning he only nurses, but still spits it up...  So it's not that he's getting too much air like with a bottle.  We have tried all the different kinds of formulas out there and nothing has made a difference.  I talked to the Dr. again last week and he said there is nothing else that can be done and I just have to deal with it.  I feel bad when people hold him because they don't realize how bad it is until they are soaked in his vomit... :-(


Talk to me child!


Cut on his left cheek from his fingernail.

We've just had a rough week all together.  We changed his formula again about a month ago because the stuff he was on was constipating him, but the new stuff was making him super gassy.  He would start moaning and crying and then a big manly poot would come out and he would feel better.  So we changed it again a couple days ago and I already notice a difference in his gas.  So that is GOOD!  But he's still super fussy and crying a lot, which makes me believe he might be teething.  He drools a lot and can't keep his fingers out of his mouth.  I read that some babies start teething as early as 3 months.  He's 4 months now, but I don't see anything in his gums yet.  Man, I just wish he could tell me what's wrong so I could do something about it!!  A couple mornings ago Colin woke up with a huge scratch on his cheek... :-(   He hasn't done that in a while and no longer wears his mittens.  I cut his nails regularly, but he still was able to hurt himself...





On a lighter note...


Colin has decided that he wants to sit up in the bath now!  Only problem is, he doesn't have enough control, so I have to keep him on the slanted side of his tub until he can hold himself up better.  He keeps lifting his head and legs up!  We went for a walk last night.  I wish we could go on walks more often, but it's SO hot out right now.  I guess I could get a tan while walking though!  :-)


"Now, how do I get that in my mouth?"


Trying to sit up in his bath!


2 comments:

  1. He could be teething. Jordan got his first tooth at 4 months. He then had 8 teeth by the time he was 8 months old!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He could definitely be teething.. Auggie had all the signs of teething but without a sign of a tooth when he was 4 months.

    I know its hard enough picking one pediatrician but could you get a second opinion on Colin spitting up?

    ReplyDelete