About Me

My photo
After 7 years of dating I finally married my high school sweetheart in Oct of 2009. I had always dreamed of marrying him and starting a family. On February 16, 2011 that dream came true when we welcomed our beautiful baby boy, Colin James, into our lives. I look forward to sharing our joy with you!

Monday, August 22, 2011

6 Month Checkup


20 lbs 3 oz    27.5 in

Colin had a great 6 month check up and earned an A+ from his Dr!  He was very sweet with his Dr and gave him lots of smiles.  When the Dr came in he was surprised to see him sitting up so well.  He said "Wow, look at you sitting up like your 6 years old, not 6 months old!"  Dr said that Colin is in the 90th percentile for his weight and height.  Which means he's bigger than 90% of other baby boys his age.  He used to be in the 95th percentile, so his growth has slowed down a little because he is more active now.
Dr told me that the stranger and separation anxiety that Colin was experiencing a couple weeks ago was very good and important for his development.  It means that he is developing the right attachments to me.   :-)  He also said that it could correlate with him crying when he wakes at night.  Instead of out of sight out of mind like when he was younger, he now realizes he's alone when he wakes up and it makes him freak out little.  That is definitely getting better now though.
So the Dr said to start giving Colin solids once or twice every day now and to start introducing a sippy cup.  I've let him try a sippy cup a couple times already so I'm excited to let him learn how to use it more efficiently! 
I asked the Dr about Colin not rolling over from his back yet.  He said it's not a big deal since he's sitting and standing so well.  So that's good!
The nurse gave him THREE shots today.  The last two times he only had one in each leg, but today she gave him two in his left leg.  He didn't even cry with the first shot, but he did with the second and third.  My poor boy. 
All in all Colin is doing GREAT!

Reading up on his shots!

Two shots in one leg... :-(

Even happy after his shots!

After we got back from our trip last weekend Colin had a his first cold.  :-(  He sure was a trooper though.  It didn't seem to really bother him except for the nasal congestion.  I was able to keep his nose pretty clear though, so he was able to breath ok.  I gave him some juice in his sippy cup and he loved it!

My sick baby drinking his juice.


He was sitting up and playing when I walked away and this is where he was when I got back! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment