About Me

My photo
After 7 years of dating I finally married my high school sweetheart in Oct of 2009. I had always dreamed of marrying him and starting a family. On February 16, 2011 that dream came true when we welcomed our beautiful baby boy, Colin James, into our lives. I look forward to sharing our joy with you!

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Hugs!


I must say, we've had a really great week!  Colin is no longer sick and neither am I!  He still has a little cough. He takes after his daddy in that way.  Kevin gets sick and once he's better he has a cough for several weeks after sometimes! 
I keep forgetting to mention Colin's hugs!  He gives the best hugs.  Especially in the morning!  He wraps his little arms around your neck and lays his head down on your shoulder and squeezes!  I love it!  He's also giving "kisses" now!  I lean in towards him with my lips and I make kiss sounds and he opens his mouth and leans in to me!  He's so sweet!  :-)
We are working on using up all of our stage one foods now.  Colin has had a few stage two foods and it seems to fill him up a little more.  It's thicker and has more in the package. 

Our nights have gotten much better now.  Some nights he sleeps all the way to 7, other nights he sleeps all night but wakes up around 5, and some nights he still wakes up a few times throughout the night.  After hearing that he might be waking and crying because of separation anxiety I decided to try something.  When he wakes in the middle of the night I try giving him his paci and rubbing his head like I usually do, but if that doesn't work I give him whatever shirt I'm wearing.  He takes it and snuggles with it and goes right back to sleep.  So far this has worked every time!  It comforts him and makes him feel like I'm close without having to pick him up.  Plus, I'm only up for a couple minutes and am able to go back to bed!  I still wish he would sleep in a little later though, but I'll count my blessings.  :-) 

I'm getting really excited about fall!  I can't wait for this 100 degree heat to go away!!  I wish it could be either spring or fall all year!  I guess I should move back to Cali for that... :-/  I'm looking forward to Halloween and taking Colin trick-or-treating in his Superman costume we bought him at Six Flags when I was only 3 months pregnant!


Gamma came to visit last Wed!

Colin loves Diesel, but Diesel is still nervous.

Getting too big for his bouncer!

He was watching TV and he looked up at me when I called his name!

Blessed to have such a happy baby!

It's the same toys every time but he looks at them like they are brand new!

Cooper loves Colin and puts up with so much!

He constantly jumps now that he figured out how!!

Loves bath time!

Yay!

Yummy toes!

Flexible baby!

So silly!

No comments:

Post a Comment