About Me

My photo
After 7 years of dating I finally married my high school sweetheart in Oct of 2009. I had always dreamed of marrying him and starting a family. On February 16, 2011 that dream came true when we welcomed our beautiful baby boy, Colin James, into our lives. I look forward to sharing our joy with you!

Monday, August 8, 2011

Temper Tantrum at 5 1/2 Months??

Colin was sitting in my lap while I was on the computer.  He was playing with a piece of paper.  He loves paper now.  :-)  He dropped it on the floor and when I didn't pick it back up for him, he started SCREAMING!  Not crying, just screaming.  There were no tears.  I couldn't believe it.  He started banging his hands on the desk.  So I put him in his bouncer and he continued to scream for about a minute.  I gave him his paci and he calmed down and just sat there.  Then he spit it out and started screaming again.  I didn't know 5 1/2 month old babies could through temper tantrums!! 

I went grocery shopping the other day and decided to see if Colin would sit in the front of the cart.  As soon as I sat him in the seat he started smiling and looking around.  He loved it!  He fell over a couple times so I put my purse next to him to help prop him up, but once he realized he could lean forward and hold on, he did fine!  Every time I said his name he would look up and smile! (Yep, he knows his name now!) He was able to see everything!  That reminds me, he is so curious about everything now.  He wants to touch and grab anything that is within reach.  He's fascinated with the TV remote.  If he's in my lap and he sees it next to me, he will bend over and reach for it. 




He's also all about the animals!  Diesel won't get close enough to really let Colin pet him, but Cooper loves to snuggle up next to him and Colin is all about grabbing him and burying his face in Cooper's fur! 


Colin has been doing great at night.  He's been sleeping all night for the most part.  Sometimes he will wake up briefly, but it only takes his paci to put him back to sleep.  He's even putting himself to sleep when I put him to bed awake most nights.  We had a couple rough nights over the weekend, but overall it has been so much better.  He's much happier during the day now too.  Last night he woke up once and cried for about 15 minutes before falling back to sleep and then he slept until 7:30!!

We went over to Becky's last Wednesday to celebrate our birthdays together.  It was fun!  She gave me a camera for my birthday!  Something that I really needed!  All the pictures I have of Colin are all taken with my cell phone and most of them are blurry.  :-(   





We also went to Robby's 2nd birthday party last Sat.  I hope he likes his present!  :-)



I have a LOT of pictures to post from the past week and my birthday weekend so I'm going to have a new blog up again tomorrow.  :-)  Here are some pictures from last week though.



Playing with Daddy!


Mommy and Colin!

Looking more like Daddy every day!

Biting his Aunties nose!



2 comments:

  1. Awww! :-) Cant believe he can sit up in a basket already!! I wish Tyler was doing that lol..still working on his balance. but these pics are priceless!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh... the temper tantrums! lol I think one of Auggie's first ones was with paper too! Hide all your important paper now ;) can't wait to see y'all!

    -Kelsey @kmsieg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete