About Me

My photo
After 7 years of dating I finally married my high school sweetheart in Oct of 2009. I had always dreamed of marrying him and starting a family. On February 16, 2011 that dream came true when we welcomed our beautiful baby boy, Colin James, into our lives. I look forward to sharing our joy with you!

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

More Changes!

I done hurt myself

Now that Colin is 12 months old and officially a toddler, we have had to make some changes around the apartment.  We are putting up his bouncer that he has sat in since he was born.  He is way too big for it, but we still let him sit in it in the morning to drink his bottle.  Now that he has a big boy chair, he is sitting in that to drink his milk from a sippy cup.  I put all the bottles up yesterday... no more baby bottles, just a sippy cup!!  He made the transition just fine.  I have some formula left and am still trying to transition him from that to whole cows milk.  Right now he has half formula and half milk in his cup.  He was only getting one bottle in the morning, but the Dr said he still needs 16 oz of milk a day, unless he gets his calcium from something else.  He does eat yogurt and cheese throughout the day, but I'd rather give him the 16 oz of milk as well, just to make sure!  The Dr also said that it is ok to start using toddler tooth paste, so I'm going to start doing that instead of just using water.  He has 5 1/2 teeth right now!  I think we are going to lower his crib to the lowest setting now.  He hasn't tired to climb out yet, but I'd rather get it over with.  We lowered it to the second lowest setting when he started pulling up, so it will only be a couple inches lower than what it is now. 

Colin fell down outside the other day and scraped his forehead on the ground. I was impressed with how tough he is. He fell and started crying, but stopped after a couple seconds. It was a nasty scrape too... :-( I hope it heals quickly!

Yesterday, my mom, Colin, and I went to the park to play.  Colin just wanted to walk everywhere, he didn't have much interest in the playground.  However, he did like the ride on animals!  I put him on it and rocked him back and forth!  He loved it!  Then we went over to the swings and he really loved that!  He laughed and had a great time!  I can't wait for the weather to warm up for good so we can do that more often.  :-)






Drinking his milk while sitting in his chair!

And of course watching his morning shows!

This was taken last week sometime. Thought it was cute!


Let me back on mommy!!





<3

1 comment: